Release of Liability & Hold Harmless Agreement
SHOT SHOW® INDUSTRY DAYS AT THE RANGETM
Release of Liability & Hold Harmless Agreement
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
SHOT Show® Industry Days At The RangeSM (“Event”) is sponsored by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, and organized by CMG Marketing & Events, LLC, and Triple Curl Inc., in association with the City of Boulder City, Nevada, the Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club, Inc., and Event exhibitors, sponsors, hosts and/or product and service suppliers (collectively, Event Sponsors”).
In exchange for and as a condition of being allowed to attend the Event at the Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club (“Premises”), I, the undersigned, do agree as follows:
1. Assumption of Risk: I desire to participate in the Event either as an observer or active shooter, or otherwise wish to be on the Premises during the Event. I understand that while on the Premises I may have the opportunity to watch product demonstrations involving firearms, live ammunition and other equipment, use and handle firearms, live ammunition and other equipment, load, unload and shoot firearms and test and evaluate equipment, receive instruction while in the process of using and handling firearms, live ammunition and equipment, participate in other activities of the Event, and use the services offered by the Event Sponsors (“Activities”).
THE UNDERSIGNED ACKNOWLEDGES AND APPRECIATES THAT THERE ARE RISKS, INHERENT OR OTHERWISE, ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE AND HANDLING OF FIREARMS AND LIVE AMMUNITION, AS WELL AS, OTHER EVENT ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE POSSIBILITY OF PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS, SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, PERMANENT DISABILITY AND DEATH. THE UNDERSIGNED VOLUNTARILY AND KNOWINGLY AGREES TO ASSUME ALL RISKS, INHERENT OR OTHERWISE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, AND HOWEVER CAUSED, THAT MAY RELATE TO OR ARISE OUT OF HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN OR PRESENCE AT THE EVENT OR ANY OF THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT.
2. Release of Liability & Hold Harmless: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, I AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE EVENT SPONSORS, AS WELL AS, EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS AND OTHER REPRESENTATIVES (“COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL NEGLIGENT OR OTHER ACTS, INJURIES, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, SUITS, DAMAGES, SETTLEMENTS, AND LIABILITIES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEES AND LEGAL COSTS)(COLLECTIVELY, “LIABILITIES”), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION:
a. Liabilities arising from or incidental to my own participation in or presence at the Event, whether as an observer, active shooter, or otherwise;
b. Liabilities arising from or incidental to my use of or the provision of services provided by Event Sponsors, including, without limitation, the negligent or other acts of the Released Parties in arranging, offering and providing transportation to and from the Event, food and beverage, or any other Activities of the Event;
c. Liabilities arising from or incidental to the negligent or other acts of other observers or shooters attending the Event or parties providing services to the Event (e.g., bus drivers, range safety officers, security, etc.), including the Released Parties;
d. Liabilities arising from or incidental to my actions, or the negligent or other acts, of other parties, including the Released Parties, while on the property of the Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club at any time.
e. Liabilities arising from the loss of personal properties while on the property of the Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club at any time.
This Release of Liability & Hold Harmless Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law. In the event that any clause or provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Agreement which shall continue to be enforceable.
I have carefully read, fully understand and am voluntarily and knowingly signing this Agreement and agree to be bound by its terms.
Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club Range Rules
1. Treat all firearms as if they are loaded at all times.
Photography and video will take place at the event. If participants have concerns about being photographed, videotaped, etc., they should inform event sponsors immediately. Otherwise, participation in the event constitutes consent to the use of participants’ name and likeness by event sponsors for promotion purposes.
2. Keep finger off the trigger until aimed at a target.
3. Always Keep the Muzzle Pointed In a Safe Direction.
4. Know the target and what is beyond the target.
5. Alcohol and controlled substances ARE NOT PERMITTED.
6. Shoot only between berms with targets in the extreme rear of the pit.
7. Cooperate with RSOs as to cease fires for target placement.
8. Shoot only approved targets: use no targets that shatter or cause ricochets.
9. Clean up targeting materials.
10. Shoot only in designated areas.
11. NO 50 caliber BMG cartridges allowed. Black powder 50 caliber and up is allowed.
12. Full automatic fire in designated bays only.
13. Shooting times are from dawn to dusk.
14. No armor piercing or tracer ammunition allowed.
15. The age limit for Industry Day at the Range is 21 and older..
16. Keep all targets below the ridgeline to provide a backstop.
17. Shooters and spectators MUST wear eye and ear protection.
18. Use of drones and quadcopters are not permitted.
19. No moving and shooting.
20. No Tannerite.
21. No concealed or open carry.