In conjunction with NSSF, Industry Day at the Range continues to put safety at the forefront of the event. The fifth annual Action Target Industry Day Safety Award was presented to Browning for demonstrating the highest standards of safety during Industry Day at the Range 2016. More than 90 Industry Day exhibitors were judged on their firearms safety practices by a panel of safety auditors. The scores for each exhibitor were based on specific safety criteria such as firearm handling, ammunition placement and maintaining a safe environment at their shooting stations.
Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club Range Rules
- Treat all firearms as if they are loaded at all times.
- Keep finger off the trigger until aimed at target.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction
- Know the target and what is beyond the target
- Alcohol and controlled substances ARE NOT PERMITTED.
- Shoot only between berms with targets in the extreme rear of the pit.
- Cooperate with RSOs as to cease fires for target placement.
- Shoot only approved targets; targets that shatter or cause ricochets are prohibited.
- Clean up targeting materials.
- Shoot only in designated areas
- No 50 caliber BMG cartridges allowed. Black powder 50 caliber and up is allowed.
- Full automatic fire in designated bays only.
- Shooting times are from dusk to dawn.
- No moving and shooting unless authorized by the range.
- No armor piercing or tracer ammunition allowed.
- The age limit for Industry Day at the Range is 21 and older.
- Keep all targets below the ridgeline to provide a backstop.
- Shooters and spectators MUST wear eye and ear protection.
- Use of drones and quadcopters are not permitted.
Photography and video will take place at the event. If participants have concerns about being photographed, videotaped, etc., they should inform event sponsors immediately. Otherwise, participation in the event constitutes consent to the use of participants’ name and likeness by event sponsors for promotion purposes.
Visit the Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club website for a full list of Range Rules here.